Sunday, March 8, 2009

Reminiscing...

I just wrote out this story below for some one who is going through cancer treatment. And since I was going down memory lane, I thought I'd add it to my blog post. So here you go...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a beautiful Spring evening, a group of six of us gals and our small group leader were having an end of the year celebration. Particularly for those of us that were graduating from high school.

Every one was gathered around the table eating dessert and talking. Then our group leader asked the question of the night. "What did you hope to see God do in your future?" I was sharing the piano bench with my closest friend, Erin.

Everyone in the circle was to take a turn answering this question. One of the gals was going really deep and was even contemplating some difficult future issues.

We were all listening so intently that you actually could hear a pin drop, the air was that heavy.

Then I heard a high pitched sound coming from my posterior. I just acted as if nothing happened and hoped that no one heard.

Whew! No one heard and the talk was still heavy with future plans and God.

Then another high-pitched sound came out again, this time with a 1 and a 2 beat to it. Now, I was positive every one heard that one. It was so loud, how could you not?!

Again, no one said anything. By this time I'm trying to squeeze my posterior cheeks to keep from any further noises escaping.

But THEN... A really, really high-pitched noise escaped, this time it was so loud, my face went crimson and I just cringed with embarrassment. Again, no one said anything...Oh, but then someone did and asked what that noise was. My friend, Erin, spoke up and said,'Oh, it was just me rubbing the foot of the piano bench.' I was just dying inside. The person who asked just nodded their head and the talk continued.

But not a second too soon, another high-pitched squeaker came out... and someone had to ask, 'What was that?' Erin, once again, came to the rescue and just apologized for making that sound again. This time, I just couldn't hold it any longer, and I just said to the group, 'No, it wasn't, it was me and I farted.' Erin looked at me for a split second and we just broke out laughing...AND I could not hold in my high-pitched squeak while I was laughing. It just was coming out louder, and louder, and longer and in rhythmic cadence.

Of course, by now, I am just keeling over with laughter and squeaks. And tried so hard to squeeze my cheeks to prevent any more from escaping, but the more I laughed the more and I squeaked. Oh, my stomach hurt so much from the laughter and a bit from the embarrassment.

I think the laughter of all of us, at the table, lasted for a good fifteen minutes or more. I think we were all crying by the end of my fine event... I know I was...

Ah, the predictability of one's body. Or not...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too Funny!

Anonymous said...

Hi, Kim...I just took the moment to check out your blog and died laughing at your happy Christian toots and cock fruit tail....have you had any lately? Sounds like something Michael might enjoy! Anyway, keep up sharing...I love that about you!
xoErin