Thursday, March 19, 2009

Virtual or Reality Friends?


So, here I am a momma of three kiddles two of which have weekly therapy, pretty much the same time, the same places, with the same therapists. And when we don't have therapy we play, we watch tv, we sing, we dance, we play in water when it's only 40 degrees outside, we eat meals, we eat snacks, we fight, we cry, we scream, we use the big potty, we beg, we whine, we negotiate, we use momma when we can, we use her as a play structure, we use her as our protector, we get mad at her, we hit her, we bite her, we kick her, we tickle her, we smile at her, we do what all toddlers do to their mommas. So, notice the change in voice as I wrote this?

This is typical of my daily mental formation. It has to be about being a momma, not getting things done because they are fighting, burning dinner because they are underfoot, going to the chiropractor because you are 3/4 the size of your momma. See there I go again. I also think it is attributed to not having a regular and adult conversations with adults that don't include kiddles. My kiddles' therapists - I love what they do for the kiddles, for our household, for our family and for my sanity. But aside from that there just hasn't been enough time spent rambling with another adult in an extensive conversation other than kid stuff.

To say all that I have decided not only am I an addict of Facebook, obviously have needed to get my fix, but that these are real people in the virtual world, with whom I have some amazing conversations with, albeit with minutes and even hours in between each topic. But that's beside the point. Also, I've decided that since I, a woman, apparently have about 25,000 words that I need to use each day, that I am seriously and currently back logged for the next five years at least. Because it hasn't worked out to have a moms group, or a few close friends to get together weekly because of everyone's schedules. So I have resorted to using the virtual world to meet the needs that real friends would give me - if it was a perfect world - so I am engaging in topics ranging from serious to junior high humor, no matter that I have far too many words to share, I just can't seem to meet my minimal quota for the day.

So this blog does help but unfortunately, I don't write on it enough to meet its quota either.

And for some that may be a wonderful thing that I'm not just rambling on about nothing.
Well, actually, I am but that's up to whomever decides for themselves the content of my writings.

So, I'm enjoying the virtual and my reality worlds colliding together.

1 comments:

iteachangels said...

Isn't it amazing how we can talk all day long to our children, but adult conversation is what we REALLY need? :)