Friday, August 22, 2008

Another Adoption!!!



Wow! It continues to be an amazing journey...

July 28th, 2008 Lil' Peanut became an official Big Peanut! Funny that she would have a complete and utter meltdown the morning of her/our special day. But it was very much that way many hours earlier that day.

Literally, the two of us laughed as we were in the midst of the screaming, whining and crying period. Hoping that it would not continue the rest of the day, and sure enough it didn't. She was just as cute and sweet with everyone. Whew! It was a bit of a relief.

I think it was Lil' Peanut's way of reminding us of what we were getting into by making it official. She wanted us to be very sure that we wanted her and all that came with who she is... Of course, we do/did! But dang, what a way to show it and with such gusto! I guess she was just wanting reassurance..?

Oh, well it was a wonderful and busy day for all of us. We had a great lunch with Gramma and Grampa Strong, Auntie Debbie and Drewski, and a special treat of having Uncle Craig, Auntie Kathryn, Cuz'n Sambo and his gal pal.

During lunch, at the burger joint, I was kept busy with Bug. Boo was entertained by Auntie Debbie much of the time, as well as 'playing' the video games, and Cuz'n Drewski hung out with Lil' Peanut as well as keeping an eye on Boo. He's such a great Cuz'n that Drewski - the kiddles always keep him sweating! Lil' Peanut even got Grampa to hang out with her. It was just so cute! She was trying to get her way with him at some point during her time with Grampa. That wasn't surprising to hear.

Off to the courthouse to make Lil' Peanut official... I wish I had not been so exhausted that day. I know I would have enjoyed that day a bit more. Anyways, we were greeted by M's dad, mom, Gramma Maybee, Cuz'n Alea, and his other grandmother (and her husband) out from Mississippi-just for this very occasion. Then the rest of the gang came wandering in to our area of the hallway. Again, both of our OFR program director, Sandy, and OFR program nurse, Joy, came to this big day just as they had for Bug's. And Lil' Peanut's former foster mom was there with her adopted daughter.

We were finally summoned into the courtroom and everyone found a seat. I was so thankful that Bug didn't cry out for me during that whole time. Good job, Bug!

The judge asked the two of us to raise our right hand, and lo and behold Lil' Peanut obeyed his orders, too. It was so cute and funny. Then we had to say, 'I do' when the judge asked us and Lil' Peanut responded with 'I do' also. She was cracking us up.

THEN when the judge basically was asking if we/I was in for the long haul of this creature, I just had to respond with 'Before this mornings events or now?' Laughter was heard and M whispered to me to just answer the question.

So, I said yes and the rest is history.

And then it was off to Scoops for ice cream!! Yummers!

I feel so lucky and blessed that we were given two beautiful, wonderful and good looking kiddles to love and enjoy for the rest of our days.

If we had done the foster/adopt years earlier, I've wondered if we would have been so lucky? I know it's not something that can be answered but I've wondered at times.

I do believe things happen for a reason. Though I can't always know and wont' know what reasons those would be in the midst of living and death.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the comments on my page! Congratulations on finalizing the adoption! I look forward to that day!

I agree, our process seems as tho it is a lot longer than necessary! It is so frusterating.. but I am convinced that some day - our patience will pay off!