Sunday, December 9, 2007

This Momma Turned 40...


Thai birthday dinner with my wonderful hubby... Yummers!

December 8th is a good date every year, as it is my birthday. But this year was one of those monumental numbers and a marker of how much one has lived thus far... I never ever imagined being 40 one day but here the day has come and gone and I'm just the same, but just one more day older now. I guess in my mind I was just going to skip my 40's and head straight to my 50's or something. Who knows what I was thinking... But I've heard from many a woman that the 40's are truly fabulous. So, I'm taking that to heart and looking forward to what my 40's have in store for me.

As this year moved swiftly, and my time to ring in a new rounded number for the coming year approached, I began to look forward to this newest chapter in my life. Because this past year and a half has been such an amazing whirlwind and blessing all rolled into one, I think my turning 40 was actually welcoming. If that makes any sense... Hmmm...

To have turned 40 and have two kiddles to call our own, all American homeowners in a great neighborhood, have a husband whom I've been married to for 16 years and counting, and who loves me everyday, and to have so many friends and family that love and share in our lives; what's not to love about turning 40?!

My world so far has been filled with friends, family, new and old acquaintances, learning, hopes, dreams, losses, pain, tears, changes, renewal, forgiveness, repentance, blessings, faith, fear, doubt, grief, happiness, joy, children, growth, sweetness, disappointment and adventures. And now my life from here on out will entail more adventures to come with all of the above interspersed throughout I'm sure.

It's good to be 40!

0 comments: