Friday, August 10, 2007

Treasures to Go...


As the final days approach us, there is the task of having to gather, collect and pack up M's things since he has been with us.

In just this year alone, he has accumulated much for a little one. Simply because there are so many who love him and were generous in their giving.

I have sort of started this process already while M was on visitation with his birth dad. But it was hard to feel organized, difficult to concentrate on what to pack for him, and simply too hard to be motivated, when all I wanted to do was to claim it all for ourselves, M especially.

There will be many treasures to take with him. And hopefully down the road he will still have some of those items, if birth dad decides not to store them away or throw them out, because they were items before he had M.

I still have yet to complete a few of those treasures like his photo album, putting his name on the wooden step stool, and gathering photos for a quick overview of those who loved and cared for him while in our care.

Who knows, dad may not let him keep that either. But one never knows.

I'm not exactly sure why I am so cynical about his birth dad and his keeping M's things. I guess
I'm thinking that with his birth dad's life before, he would rather keep it simple to the life they will soon have together. Instead of having all of those reminders of our care taking, etc.

But in reality I have no clue what birth dad is thinking... Except that he is ready to take M back.

Since there is little time left, I/we need to get M's things together and figure out what goes and what stays.

There is much to do...

And so little time left...

Icky poo-poo!!

Oh, shit!

Is what I really mean.

0 comments: