Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Happy Food...


Okay, so it's probably no surprise to some folks that I am an emotional eater. One can look at me and probably see that right off the bat. Since I've known this very fact for quite some time, I've decided to just let it be that and move on with my life. I could go to therapy or a hypnotist or a christian counselor or a shaman and I probably still would end up being an emotional eater and kick myself for being this way. But after 39 years of living to some degree or another, I've decided that life is just tooooo short to worry about such things. Yes, I could possibly live longer if I worked on this issue, but by how many more years? Who knows and If I died tomorrow, I know I will have lived a very good life not feel regretful of the big stuff in life.

So, as I write this, Mh is out to get us real, thick milk shakes from the famous drive-in. It was his idea but it didn't take much to convince me to go along with this fantastic idea. It's actually been ages since we've had shakes from there. And since this was the day we dropped off M to his birth dad for his two night visitation. I bawled my head off when I got back in the car, knowing that M, no way in hell, wanted to go with his birth dad.

Instantly I wanted to eat a horse just to help myself not feel the enormous pain of passing M off to his dad and knowing that this is next to the last week that we get to keep him. Life is just shitty, icky right now.

I am the first to know that this shake is only a temporary bandage to my/our pain but never-the-less it is a bandage that is helping psychologically ease the current pain.

So, instead of taking a 'happy pill' as a friend of ours call Xanax, we are having happy food. Mmm Mmm good!

I'm not sure which is technically better for the body, the soul, the spirit or the mind, but both seem to do what they are meant to do in those times of need. And thank god for that!

I know the two of us will get through all of this in time, but for now we are eating our happy food, letting loose our tear ducts and grasping at a sense of hope that the pain will ease in time, and our lives will once again not ache as it does at this time.

Here's to 'Happy Food'!

0 comments: