Wednesday, August 22, 2007

My Way Of Grieving You, M.


Hi, M.

I just wanted to let you know that daddy and I are grieving you terribly.

We struggle each day to maintain some sense of normalcy and yet there is just too much that reminds us of you throughout our home and our memories.

N has been huge in helping us to get through each day, as he is very busy chatting it up, walking, exploring and laughing out loud. All of these things have helped us to focus on him and our caring for him, but it also is a reminder that you are no longer with us.

Just today, our neighbors V and P mentioned that they missed you and that just killed your daddy and me. We both said, under our breath, the same thing. That we were missing you too.

N is sound asleep and we are about to head to bed ourselves. But I had to ask daddy if I could sleep in your room, on the spare bed, because it would help me to feel closer to you and help me in my grieving the loss of you. I hope you understand this unusual request.

This loss has been so great and difficult to find ways that will help ease the pain we feel, that my idea to sleep in your room was necessary for me. I have yet to find something that helps me to feel as close to you. Maybe tomorrow I will come up with something else, but for now sleeping in your room will help me somehow. At least I hope so...

Goodnight my little M and sweet dreams to you my precious Sunshine.

Love always and forever,

Your Momma

0 comments: