Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Big Boy!

Nate has had a lot of interest in using the little potty, but not enough to take his pants off and sit. He will only sit with his clothes on.

But just the other day, he finally asked to sit on the big potty. He climbed up and almost in, but I got him settled and he knew he had to make sure his penis was pointing into the toilet, so he checked that and then just sat and smiled.

I encouraged him to try to go and voila! he went and he was soooooo excited. He took some toilet paper and wiped himself and well, he couldn't have been more proud of himself. We finished the process, did a round of high fives and then did the potty dance! I wish I had the camera rolling. It was so cute. And Nattie cheered him on for doing it all by himself.

It's the simple things in life that make one remain grounded.

My life is simple, but feels complicated, but continues to give me bits of sweetness throughout. Aaah. How sweet it is...

1 comments:

Grace said...

Kim,

I love to watch you mother you kids. You're a natural... you're so good at it. Lucky are the kids that get to call you mom.

:)