Monday, February 23, 2009

Oh Why!

I have been sitting here with Michael, relaxing, checking out Facebook, my newest addiction.
And we have music playing in the background of which I will stop and listen to what's playing reminisce about the song or the artist or both.

But the longer I've been sitting here and listening, I have returned to the notion that I have always wanted to be a singer. In a stupid and selfish way, I feel like I was jipped in this arena. I know, I know, we are suppose to be grateful for the gifts we were given and not dwell on what we didn't get. But SHIPS AHOY this is definitely one talent or gift that I sooo wished I had been given. I can't emphasize enough the heartbreak I have had over the course of my life, that I was not given this particular talent. I also always wanted to marry a singer - i.e. John Denver, and even dated a guy that looked eerily similar to him but couldn't sing to save his life. Well, there went my dreams out the window of being wooed by a talented singer. Then I met Michael and well, he just swept me off my feet by his good looks and complete willingness to try to understand me, support me and love me for just me being me. Again, no singer but definitely the best catch!

So I didn't get the singer guy, but heck why couldn't I have at least been given an ounce of talent to sing for a career or even for small crowds? That would have at least curbed this longing, this passion this need to sing to an audience of more than myself, and in the shower or car.

I know, I know I could rant and rave about this lack of gifting until the cows came home or until the end times arrive or when hell freezes over. But if it hasn't happened by now, it surely ain't gonna happen in this current lifetime of mine. And that just totally sucks to be me... At least I think so... But what do I know?

2 comments:

Michael Hayes said...

you can sing for me anytime!

Bola Moyo said...

I'll loan Dustin out to you. :) When you're a person who likes quiet, it can be "interesting" being married to a singer. The perk is, every once and a while you get a song written for YOU!

But really, I miss hearing you voice in every way.