Monday, July 30, 2007

Those Little Toes...


Those little toes have given me many hours of pleasure from the moment I brought each of the boys home, from the hospital, to now as they become stronger and more assured in their walking abilities.

N has one of my traits amazingly. Mh pointed this out to me when N was much younger. N points his big toe and curls the rest in, leaving the big toe sticking straight up. Just as I do. It's a crack up. I have a photo of me when I was around 3-5 years-old, in the bathtub, with my feet doing that very thing. It amazes me to this day the things that we do without realizing it.

Baby toes are just deliciously wonderful and fun to watch.

I will most definitely miss M's toes when he is gone...

It's fun knowing that N's and my toe traits are not genetic. So, there must be many others who do that very thing as well. I just wonder how many there are of us out there?

M's big toe is very much like our friend, C's toes. His big toe curls upward, like a ski slope. You just want to straighten it out every time you see it. At least I did when I saw our friend C's toes for the first time! But now I have come to appreciate its unique characteristic and it is befitting of our little M!

Thank you, my little boys for allowing your Momma to play with, kiss on and tickle and observe your precious little toes.

What joy you have given me by allowing me this simple little joy.

Love,

Your Momma

1 comments:

Bola Moyo said...

Hey! That's me!

-C