Monday, July 2, 2007

Adoption Finalization!



Wow, didn't realize it had been quite awhile since I last blogged. But life has certainly gotten busier, especially as they both are up on their two little feet. Not quite walking independently yet but certainly on the cusp.

I am awake at this crazy hour of 3am because I cannot sleep. I will be paying for this dearly tomorrow but I had to get my thoughts out before I just continued to toss and turn. You see, tomorrow is N's adoption court finalization. This means that after almost a year he will officially be our son!!!! Wow! That is just mind blowing, especially at 3am in the morning.

We've got a small but important group of friends and family who will be there for this all-important date. Michael and I have been talking to N about this day and yet he has no idea. But it will be wonderful to be able to share with him when the day comes, when he will truly understand his unique situation. For he and I have both been so completely blessed to be adopted.

I hope he will be as excited as I was about being adopted. I remember bringing my "K" book to school, in the first grade, and sharing with them of my family situation. I remember no one seemed to really be as excited as I was and that seemed strange to me. Actually, I recall being rather disappointed. I thought how could they not think this was so cool? But then we did live in a town that was mostly white and 'colored' folk were most certainly different and interesting, to say the least...

But I also know we all experience life in our own ways and so I need to remind myself about how N may feel about his situation. With what seems to be his good nature and great disposition, I hope it will be a positive thing for him. I so look forward to our conversation one of these days.

I have so much more to say about this but the feelings are so jumbled inside that I'm just not sure how to say it. But for now this is good and satisfied my need to get up at this horrible hour.

My next blog will be of the bittersweet nature and I'm sure I will cry a river while writing it.

Stay tuned!

0 comments: